Programmes - International Service
The International Service avenue is where our clubs either individually or in concert and sometimes with international partner Rotary Clubs, engage in projects to support communities in countries outside New Zealand.
Explore some of our current projects from the menu on the left.
The International Service Committee supports meaningful and sustainable international aid projects. The committee’s Strategic Goals are to:
- Promote and support projects primarily in the Pacific where proximity, connections and cultural knowledge give clubs a better chance of ensuring effective delivery, regular monitoring of projects and sound developmental outcomes
- Support projects in other needy areas of the world where a good developmental case is made based on strong and enduring connections.
- Become a centre of excellence for clubs to refer to, providing information and enthusiasm on international matters.
The committee can provide clubs with resources, advice and support to identify and develop projects, guidance on accessing funding, and connections for partnerships with other Rotary clubs or organisations. It works closely with:
- Rotary NZ World Community Service (RNZWCS Ltd) to promote disaster relief activities, particularly to promote the Emergency Response Kits; also to link into their relationships with NGOs and other partnering organisations e.g. VSA or Rotary Australia World Community Service
- Rotary Foundation committee to support clubs seeking funding through District or Global grants.
International Committee members
You can find them under the District Organisation Chart from the home page (or here) , then scroll down to see "International Service" and click on the committee of interest.