Strategic Plan 2016
D9940 Strategic Plan 2016
Rotary District 9940 is a valued and community-focused organisation that joins local and international leaders and resources, exchanges ideas and takes action.
District 9940 resources its Clubs to enable all their members to fully participate in the Rotary International worldwide network of inspired individuals who translate their passions into relevant social causes to change lives in communities. This is achieved through our five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation for our clubs’ activities.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth exchange.
DISTRICT9940 CLUB CHARACTERISTICS
All Clubs are:
- Respectful of members
- Respectful of communities
- Respectful of cultures
All Clubs have:
- Diverse Connections
- Diverse Networking
- Diverse skills
- Contribute to and use The Rotary Foundation as their Charity of Choice
- Invest in the well-being and development of members
- Increase the number and diversity of members
- Invest in the well-being and development of local / international communities
- Achieve District Brand integrity
- Apply the Four Way Test
- All District and Club leaders are:
- Consultative and collaborative
- Strengthening healthy relationships
- Innovatively evaluating and addressing problems and possibilities
- Making informed decisions
- Presenting new possibilities
- Providing relevant and timely communication
- Providing relevant and accessible resources
- Enabling change management
- Applying the Rotary Four-Way Test